Home designers and builders speaking at the recent International Builders Show in Las Vegas say that buyers are searching for cost-effective features. They want items that have lasting value.
Paul Cardis, CEO of Avid Ratings, which conducts an annual survey of buyer preferences, listed these must-haves in homes:
1. Large kitchens with islands
2. Energy efficiency, including energy-efficient appliances, super insulation, and high-efficiency windows.
3. Home offices
4. Main-floor master suite
5. Outdoor living space
6. Ceiling fans
7. Soaking tub in the master suite and/or an oversize shower with a seating area
8. Stone and brick exteriors rather than stucco or vinyl
9. Community walking paths and playgrounds
10. Two-car garages, but three-car garages are even more desirable
Source: MarketWatch, Steve Kerch (01/30/2010)
Open House Saturday, Feb. 6th from 1-4pm at 31132 Via Colinas, Coto De Caza. This home will be featured on the front cover of the LA Times, Orange County Homes section tomorrow. Look for it!