Social media is the HOT ticket. It is part of everyday life, a way to connect with family, friends or work/industry. We bounce around updating different sites and each one has a different focus. What do you prefer? Which one do you use the most? Facebook, Twitter, Geni, blogs, or something else? I'm interested in your feedback. If you search "Social Media" on wikipedia this is what you find:
Social media can be said to have three components;
- Concept (art, information, or meme).
- Media (physical, electronic, or verbal).
- Social interface (intimate direct, community engagement, social viral, electronic broadcast or syndication, or other physical media such as print).
- Concepts, slogans, and statements with a high memory retention quotient, that excite others to repeat.
- Grass-Roots direct action information dissemination such as public speaking, installations, performance, and demonstrations.
- Electronic media with 'sharing', syndication, or search algorithm technologies (includes internet and mobile devices).
- Print media, designed to be re-distributed.